I'm Moving

Thursday, July 28, 2016


I have mentioned that I'm moving in other posts but I haven't actually done a whole post about it. So here is the full juicy juicy.

When i moved to Toronto last year and started working with Loic, it was a 6 month position. That turned into a 9 month position, which then turned into 12 months. It made more sense to wait until after the summer so he could start daycare in September, when his older sister went back to school. I was fine with it. I had no plans afterwards and leaving him made (makes) me sad. So I continued on my merry way and the months went by and now I am sitting here with one month left.

I started talking to Devon at the end of last summer but we didn't actually meet until November. Before we had even said that we loved each other, I brought up the what if. I knew I was done in September and I could realistically go anywhere after that. One viable option being back to my parents house because #cheap. He had signed up to go to school in Sarnia for September ps. You know those things you think but never say to the person you're dating because you don't want to scare them off? Ya. Every single one of those thoughts gets spoken with him. Because he is impossible to scare off ;)

So I asked him, IF we are together and want to and all that jazz, what do you think about me coming to Sarnia with you in September? And he was on exactly the same page as me. We still had months and months before we actually had to make that decision, but it was good to know where his head was at. So months passed and things were good and we went to an open house at the college, and actually looked at some apartments that weekend. Then some more months passed and we knew we definitely wanted to get one of those said apartments. And then yesterday we got a call that we actually got an apartment. So now it's the real deal and this is actually happening.

Why am I moving in with someone after dating them for less than a year?

Because that's how I do things. Go big or go home. I could say that it was either go to Sarnia or back to Ottawa and that Ottawa is way too far to do a relationship. But in reality, I love the kid and we work really well together and this is a super healthy relationship. What's the worst that could happen? If we don't work out, at least we figured it out fairly quickly ;)

What am I going to do in Sarnia?

Cook meals and scrub floors. Just kidding. I'm in the process of job hunting! I can't decide if I would love to do another childcare position, or switch gears and do something in retail. So I'm exploring both options right now. We will see. I have a pretty spiffy resume template going for myself.

So no more kiddies on here?

Who knows? I've got some ideas up my sleeve. For the time being, enjoy kid things for another month! Also make sure to follow me on my instagram for super cute photos of children enjoying their summer activities. (livbearblog)

Liv




No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs