What I'm Going to Miss

Thursday, August 18, 2016



I have two weeks left with the kids and I cannot believe how fast time is going. The summer flew by and the days have been going faster and faster it seems. As excited as I am to be moving in with Devon and starting this next chapter in my life, of course I am also sad to be leaving this family I have gotten to know so well.

What am I going to miss about being a nanny?

The Parks.
All the parks. And the playgroups, kinder gyms, and playdates. It has been so much fun spending my days at these places. I have met some amazing women, both nannies and moms, who I will always remember. Another perk of spending so much time at these locations? The babies. So many babies always. If you know me you know this is what my heaven looks like.

Nap Time.
Taking care of both kids this summer has made this much less of an option, but all winter I could nap with the baby if I wanted to. I didn't very often, but those days when you are exhausted there is nothing better than being able to shut your eyes for a couple of hours. And when he was small enough, sometimes he would sleep on my belly. So snuggly.

Perspective.
Seeing life through the eyes of a child. It's pretty cool. It makes simple things interesting. Seeing them discover the world and play and grow and change. Seeing them observe situations and watching how they respond. I love it and it really does make you think.

Dance Parties.
We got a Sonos player in the kitchen in the winter, and since have been having daily dance parties. After we finish lunch I start playing the music (usually a lot of Drake and Rihanna) and we bust out our moves for awhile to get the last of the morning energy out before nap. Guys, I get paid to have after lunch dance parties with cute kids. I don't think there are too many jobs that offer this perk.

The Kids.
I have lived with this family for a whole year, and spent the majority of my time with one or both of the kids here. They have both taught me so much and made it clear that I want 10 kids one day. Just kidding. But in all honestly I love these two and I hope that I can continue a relationship with them. I will definitely be coming back to visit!

Liv

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs