2016 Resolutions

Sunday, January 3, 2016


New Years Eve was spent at our local arena at a Stag & Doe for a couple I went to high school with. It was fun, sort of a high school reunion. I don't spend a lot of time in my hometown so it was really good to see everyone and catch up. I was busy pouring back my vodka crans when the clock hit 12 but I did get a kiss on the cheek from one of my best friends from high school, the guy in the picture above. I'll take it. The night ended pretty early and I went home and ate a bunch of pizza and went to bed. They (who is they??) say that the way you ring in the new year is a good indication of how you will spend your year. Well, if 2016 is spent surrounded by friends and with a nice tan, I will be quite content. 

Here are my fairly vague resolutions. If nothing else, they will be interesting to look back on in a year and see if I accomplished anything. But more than likely I will forget about them by February ;)

Don't waste time on mean people.
I did a lot of this in 2015 and it gets you nowhere. Mean people bring you down, and give you nothing. Surround yourself with people you admire and in someway want to be like, and you'll be better. 

Get a big girl job.
I finish nannying this year, and the goal is to get a job in marketing. Specifically digital or social media marketing. The thought is scary as heck but I am so ready and excited! Ready to put those diplomas to good use :)

Eat better.
This always makes the list and I go through phases where I eat great, and phases of Mcdonalds. It happens. But while living in Toronto I've been really good about going to the gym, so if I could just get my diet on point...

Stay in touch.
This is something I'm horrible at. I'll admit it. My best friends know this and don't take it personally, but I would really like to make a point this year to check in with everyone I care about on a regular basis. Because it would be nice for them, as well as nice for me. 

Be selfish.
This year I want to focus on myself and make decisions based on what is right for me. Sometimes you need to be selfish in order to grow and that's okay, especially when you're young. :)

I hope you all got to ring in 2016 surrounded by fun and loved ones! Wishing everyone the best possible year! Did you write a post about what you want to accomplish this year? Feel free to link it below and I'll check it out :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs