Date Someone Who Is Wrong For You

Friday, January 20, 2017


When Devon and I started talking we were both interested in other people. We both wanted to see these other relationships through, and so we sort of put each other in the friend zone. We would text but totally PG and I would even ask him advice about this other guy. I was fine with this because through texting with him, I knew he wasn't my type.

This is going to sound silly, but the reason I wasn't really interested in getting to know him in a romantic sense was that he was "too positive." He spoke to me like he was speaking to a crowd of people as a motivational speaker. He used a lot of smileys and exclamation marks. Of course being this upbeat is better than being negative, but to me it seemed fake. And I let him know that pretty early on. (He stopped with the exclamation marks haha)

We texted for a couple months before we actually met up and I was the most nervous. I knew he was nice and I knew we had good conversation and I knew he was funny and obviously a cutie, but that was about it and it could have gone either way.

So why did I decide to actually meet with him? Because life is short. I knew that the sort of guy I had been going for hadn't been working for me. And I knew that at the very least I would leave with us being friends.

If you are currently in a rut with dating, try going for someone different. Devon is literally the best person for me that I have ever been with. We have our differences but so many more similarities. We have the same sense of humour, and complement each other really well. Of course there are always things to work on, but I can honestly say that every single day I live with this kid I am grateful to have him around. And I never get texted exclamation marks anymore :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs