Things That Piss Me Off

Thursday, January 28, 2016



1- Moms Who Start Smoking After Birth
Smoking in the first place is stupid and I do not support it, but when you have to quit for 9 months anyway, the choice to start again makes absolutely no sense to me. I can't.

2- Smoking Indoors
It's 2016. I'm not really sure who is still smoking due to the knowledge we now have, BUT smoking inside is a whole different ballgame than doing it on the back porch. Your clothes will smell like smoke, your wallpaper will smell like smoke. I was at a party recently and people were smoking inside. I left with a burning throat and disgusting smelling hair. No thank you.

3- Not Wiping Down Machines At The Gym
It doesn't matter if you don't think you sweat on it. Just for everyone else piece of mind, wipe it down. Oh, and you don't get a free pass if you bring a sweaty towel and just sit on it, on the machines. You still have to wipe it.

4- Selfie Stick Photos That Include The Stick
You can do better than sharing your selfie with the stick. I honestly have never used one so I don't know the logistics but it can't be that hard to position it a teensy bit better.

5- People Who Ask Why They Got Deleted
I once deleted someone off of Facebook because we weren't actually friends and never saw each other and I didn't really care for his posts. I just so happened to see this individual soon after, and he mentioned the removal and made it super awkward for everyone... Just no.

6- Talking To Me When I Have Headphones In
I rarely have headphones in. I don't wear them to the gym or anywhere in public except when I'm on the bus or train. And this is only because I will probably be sleeping most of the trip, and if I'm not, I don't want to be stuck talking to someone for literally hours. If I have headphones in AND it is also past 10pm and the bus is pitch black, and I am obviously trying to sleep, why in the world would you try and start a conversation. This happened to me once. I was not impressed. I also made it very clear that I was not impressed with my short answers, he did not get the message. (Add to this list: People who can't take social cues.)

7- Dog Poo On The Sidewalks
I'll admit I hate picking up dog poo and if it happens anywhere that I can get away with leaving it, I will. Okay. With that being said, city sidewalks are not one of those places. I am a nanny and push a stroller down these sidewalks. I cannot tell you how many times a day I have to avoid sidewalk poo. And because it's winter, the frozen sidewalk poo breaks into sidewalk poo pieces, and then we have a warm, springlike day like today and it's just a hot mess. When I get back to our house after our outing I have to lift the stroller up the steps and push it into and through the house. Sidewalks are gross and there is dirt everywhere, I don't need to add poo to the things on the floor.

8- Autocorrect
I swear autocorrect makes my life harder most days. And not in the "funny auto correct texts" way, but just in the annoying, takes twice as long to send a text way. You are supposed to know what i want to say, not make things more difficult. I honestly consider turning it off several times a day.

9- Clutter
I am convinced I have a mild case of OCD that developed when I went off to college and had to live by myself, aka clean up after myself. Not that I didn't before, but it was different. I actually like cleaning. If my room isn't clean I can't relax. I like things to be in their place. Not only do I clean, but I tidy like a mad woman. This is bad with a toddler. He pulls toys and books out on the floor constantly and I can't just leave them there. I put them back, and then he pulls them out 2.1 seconds later. It's a vicious cycle.

Please tell me something that pisses you off below so we can all get our hate out together! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs